- PETRIFIED & LYCHEE WOOD FURNITURE
- HANDMADE WOOD LAMPS
- EXOTIC ARTWORK AND HOME DECOR
- PETRIFIED WOOD ACCESSORIES
- WALL ART
- CONTACT US
is an eclectic mix of handmade wood lamps, home decor, organic furniture and designer frames from Southeast Asia. Emphasising on artisan craftsmanship and quality our aim is to offer great items and to invite you into the magical world of the Orient through the story of each piece.
WHAT WE DO THAT IS UNIQUE IN ITALY TODAY
We offer art and furniture in a different way, by telling the amazing stories of each piece while guiding our customers to find the perfect items for themselves and people in their lives. Our mission is not only to offer beautiful pieces but items that speak to our each customers passions and aims. The collection is presented in a chic western setting, showing what a great impact you can create by combining the Eastern and Western styles. In our web-shop and showroom we offer:
* A signature collection af handmade lamps in high quality mahogany wood. Each lamp comes complete with a certificate and a high resolution print of the original sketch signed by the designer and presented inside an exclusive folder.
* Italy's largest selection of Petrified wood furniture. Each piece is unique and between 5 - 25 million years old.
* All hand-picked items to ensure the best possible quality
* The intriguing story of each piece printed out inside a beautiful envelope for our customers to cherish or to purchase as a gift with a special intention. For example a frame with a fertility symbol for a couple wanting a baby or a petrified wood piece of furniture or accessory for someone who is starting a new business venture or a couple getting married (it's believed that petrified wood brings financial success as well as nourishes the love in a relationship)
* An exclusive collection of frames designed by us
* All artisan crafted pieces as per ancient techniques
* Worldwide shipping
WHERE WE ARE AND WHEN WE OPENED
Our Showroom/Art Gallery in via Borgo Vico 54 in Como and our Web-Shop opened in July 2018 after a long preparation. Within a short amount of time the traffic to our Web-Shop raised to the top 4% of all Shopify stores that launched the same week ours did and the feedback from customers in our Showroom has been great.
Sandra Kirschon, originally from Sweden and a graduate from Parsons School of Design has 20 years of experience as a designer for some of the world’s most prestigious jewellery companies in Europe, the US and Asia. For around 8 years she worked as the Women’s Design Director for John Hardy.
While living and travelling in Asia, Sandra's passion and appreciation for the local art, craftsmanship and architecture grew, inspiring her to design luxury villas and custom made furniture, combining pure, modern lines with traditional Asian features and artwork, a style that resulted very popular on the Indonesian and international market.
Roberto Bianchi, originally from Italy, has an extensive experience working in real estate in the US, Italy and Asia including sales, building luxury properties and lead restorations. During his years of living abroad Roberto also specialised in identifying the best local artisans with whom we realise our products.
WHY WE CREATED KIRSCHON EXOTIC ARTEFACTS
After many years of living, travelling and working in Asia we felt that it was time to return to Europe, to our roots and families. We saw that there was an opportunity to introduce Petrified wood furniture, which we love, in Italy since it wasn't very present there yet and to combine it with artisan crafted tribal art presented in a western context - a combination we tried in multiple property developments over the years and saw that people were very drawn to. We wanted to offer our customers a unique and personal experience while guiding them to great pieces that not only create a wow effect but also engage, are perfect conversation starters and gifts with an intention. And who knows, offer pieces with powers that maybe works as the powerful talisman's they are believed to be in the rural areas of the world they come from...