Article: HOW TO CLEAN AND CARE FOR YOUR PETRIFIED WOOD
HOW TO CLEAN AND CARE FOR YOUR PETRIFIED WOOD
First of all congratulations to your choice of purchasing a piece of petrified wood furniture / accessory. With its strength, durability and beauty it’s guaranteed you will love it and be very satisfied!!
Here below are a few easy ways to keep it clean and beautiful:
- The first and most important thing to know is that chemicals will ruin your petrified wood so don’t ever use them.
- When the wood is just slightly dirty and you clean it on a regular basis use only warm water – making sure it’s not hot - and gently rub the surface with a soft piece of microfiber or smooth cotton. Any other materials with higher abrasiveness might ruin the petrified wood. Avoid brushes or anything with a harsh surface.
- The less products you use the better it is.
- If just water doesn’t do the trick use a natural, ph neutral cleaner like a gentle hand wash or apple cider vinegar which effectively will remove stains.
- For any cleaner you intend to use try it in a corner or a small area first to make sure it doesn’t ruin the surface.
- Oil, wine and coffee have a tendency to penetrate the wood and leave stains that are difficult to remove so make sure you wipe it off right away.
- Strong and frequent sunlight tends to fade the black colour of the wood with time making the darker pieces more suitable for the indoors
- The light petrified wood will keep its colour indoors and outdoors
All the best and have a wonderful week!